Causes of Obesity
- Energy balance - your body may take too much energy from food - more than what your body needs can lead to weight gain. This depends on your level of activity and your metabolism.
- Heredity - you have a higher risk of obesity if it runs in your family.
- Metabolic disorders - if your body's metabolism changes, it may affect your energy balance and weight.
- Eating and social habits - An unbalanced diet, snacking between meals and too little exercise can all lead to obesity.
- Psychological factors - Social and emotional eating are among the main causes of excessive weight gain.