Wednesday, May 26, 2010

5 Day Count Down

My surgery is in 5 days so I'm doing the pre-surgery diet which is basically the Adkins diet. I can have up to 30 carbohydrates each day. It's do-able but really hard when you've pretty much lived on carbs for most of your life. Interestingly enough, I don't have to watch calories, just carbs and I'm losing weight like crazy. My weight this morning was 249.2. Nine pounds down from last week.

On another note, because this is the week before surgery, I'm having to come off most of the drugs (and caffeine) that I take for other things like arthritis. I'm trying to tough it out but my body hurts something fierce because of this and then the low carb part is zapping my energy. It's hard to keep my eyes open and yet I have so much to do. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment