Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Eating and Not Eating

The last 2 days have not been good for me as far as eating is concerned. With my sleeve, I am simply never hungry so that means that eating and drinking is done like an unwanted chore. Something you do because you have to, not because you want to.

So in the mornings I make a protein shake with extra protein. This is really easy to do and drink as I do like them. (Matrix - best powder protein EVER!) I add ice cubes and extra water making this into a 32 oz drink and I sip sip sip all morning long. A mega 38 grams of protein.

I seem to forget about lunch so it's usually around 5 each day when I remember I was supposed to eat something. And this is where my problem comes in. My brain doesn't want another shake, my brain wants something that taste wonderful.  It's called head hunger. Head hunger is evil. It doesn't want nutrition, it wants quantity. I can't eat quantity. If I eat quantity, I foam (some call it slime). Foam is when I eat too much or too fast, the food will come back up in the form of slimy foam...lots of it. Sorry, I've started rambling. Let's go back to head hunger. Head hunger won tonight and and last night, therefore I didn't get in all my water or protein. I've got to get this routine down before I move to soft foods or it could do me in.

On the flip side, I made myself go to the gym today. I have been so weak (due to the lack of calories) that I thought if I went to the gym, maybe it would give me some energy. I sat in the steam room for 10 minutes to warm my body and then headed up to the elliptical. This is huge simply because they are upstairs. Going up stairs is hard when you don't have strength to lift your legs to the next step...so I go up carefully and deliberately, being sure to raise my leg enough to step up and not trip...again.

Once there I did the 'Fat Burner' program on the elliptical for 20 minutes. Some people think the elliptical is hard to do, it's easy for me but you have to remember, I have the weight of my legs that help to push the pedals along...one good thing about being fat I guess you could say. Anyway, once I did that, I took a shower and headed to Walmart.

On a fun note, while at Walmart I bought clothes for the grandbabies photo shoot that we're going to have on the beach. Take a look, won't they look so cute!


Also while there, I bought toddler utensils but not for the kids, for me. I've been told that they will help me slow down my soup sipping. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Precious outfits! I LOVE the polka-dotted dress! I might have to hit up Wal-Mart today for this dress for Ms. Hannah!

    ReplyDelete