Friday, June 11, 2010

Protein Protein Protein

Let me tell you what I've learned about protein shakes so far. There are tons of powdered proteins out there so it can get overwhelming, I've only tried 3 but here's what I think about them.

EAS Premium Protein Chocolate Powder (Costco) 6 lb bag = 78 servings
2 Scoops
Calories 140
Carbohydrates 3
Protein 27

Syntrax Matrix 5.0 Cookies & Cream Powder (ordered online) 5.40 lb bag = 70 servings
1 Scoop
Calories 130
Carbohydrates 5
Protein 23

Muscle Milk LIGHT, Nutritional Shake Lactose FREE, Premix
1 - 8.25 Shake
Calories 100
Carbohydrates 4
Protein 15


Ok, so here's what I do to get my protein in. I use the muscle milk (expensive BUT you're eating pretty much nothing else during the 1st 20 days so it works for me), add either of the powders. I mix in the blender and then pour into a 32 oz mug. I add water (or black coffee) and ice to fill to the top. I do this twice a day and sip sip sip till evening.

The cheaper EAS is drinkable and actually not that bad but the Matrix Cookies and Cream is to simply die for. SOOOOO good.

By doing this mixture, I'm getting all my recommended protein and all my water for the day while keeping my carbs under 30 and calories very low.  Every now and then I will also drink 1/2-1 cup of broth during the day but will still do the 2 protein shakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment