Thursday, January 27, 2011

Member of the Century Club

Today is a milestone day for me. I have officially qualified for the Century Club. I have lost 100 lbs.



Here's my thoughts about this milestone. It feels weird...strange...and even embarrassing.  

Weird / strange...who'd a thought that someone could lose 100 lbs in just 7 1/2 months after YEARS of dieting failures...100 lbs down. Wow. The weigh loss is amazing but more than that is the lifestyle changes....no more medicines, no more frustrations over clothing issues, I can move now, I can walk and breathe at the same time, life is good. 

Every single day I discover something I can do that just a few months ago I couldn't do because of all the meat on my bones. The most rewarding are the little things...crossing my legs, tying my shoes, climbing stairs, heck climbing mountains even! Seriously, Ronnie and I climbed Cooper's Furnace last weekend!! So many many many little things that if I mentioned them here you'd probably think I was crazy. haha

And then embarrassing....I see pictures of 7 1/2 months ago and honestly, it's crazy hard to believe I was that big. I didn't feel that big. I didn't see myself that big. I knew I weighed a lot but I "carried my weight well". HA! What on earth does that even mean?? I guess it was a form of looking the other way since I didn't think there was anything I could do about the situation. Boy was I wrong.

Regrets? Only one. I so very much wish I'd of done my surgery sooner. So now here I am, making up for lost time. 

I'm 16 lbs from my doctors goal that they set for me and I am still crazy in awe regarding this surgery. Wow. That's all I've got....just wow. Wow.

1 comment: