1. Choose low-fat foods, and avoid fried foods.
2. Stop using sugar. Use sugar substitutes such as Sweet & low, Equal, or Splenda.
3. Decrease intake of desserts and candy.
4. Stop drinking sugar-sweetened beverages such as regular soda and sweetened
5. Start weaning off of caffeine and carbonated beverages.
6. Start cutting back on fast food and eating
7. Eat 3 meals a day. Do not skip breakfast.
8. Start decreasing portion sizes.
9. Eat more fruits and vegetables.
10. Practice drinking water and other fluids between meals, not with meals.
11. Drink 64 ounces water a day.
12. Practice sipping liquids.
13. Avoid alcohol.
14. Begin some form of exercise.
15. Review the following information on the gastric sleeve diet.
16. Practice chewing foods thoroughly, 20 - 40 times or to paste consistency.
17. Purchase your protein drinks or supplements.
18. Purchase your vitamin and mineral supplements.
19. Begin planning a schedule for mealtime, fluids and vitamin and mineral
- All kinds of liquids
- Water, tea, lemon water (take at least 3.5 litters a day)
- Fruit juice drinks, natural fruit beverages, chicken stock, vegetables, cream soups, skim milk, yogurt, jelly (gelatine desserts).
- Same liquids plus pureed foods a day (a first stage of Gerber sized, strained).
- Mashed fruits, vegetables, cereals (oatmeal, rice, potato, noodles, mixed).